Thursday, March 22, 2012

On the Easel "Gourds"

This is what I am currently working on.  The following images show the progression from sketch to hopefully a finished work.  I haven't decided on a title yet, "Longtime Lovers" is a possibility.  Have any suggestions?
8"x10" study

Getting the placement on a 18"x24" panel using vine charcoal.

Here I am blocking in the big values and masses.

Still blocking in and adjusting values and colors.

Starting to map out the pattern on the cloth.
Putting more finish into the gourds and compote.
3-23-12
Nearly finished
The finished gourd painting (minus the signature). The final title I came up with is "Romeo and Juliet".


3 comments:

  1. Love the name "Longtime Lovers". The gourds look exactly like intertwined lovers almost reaching for each other. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barbara, I liked the name, but wasn't sure if something better might emerge.

    ReplyDelete